Redeemer West Side Update
He did not wait till the world was ready,
till men and nations were at peace.
He came when the Heavens were unsteady,
and prisoners cried out for release.
He did not wait for the perfect time.
He came when the need was deep and great.
He dined with sinners in all their grime,
turned water into wine. He did not wait
till hearts were pure. In joy he came
to a tarnished world of sin and doubt.
To a world like ours, of anguished shame
he came, and his Light would not go out.
He came to a world which did not mesh,
to heal its tangles, shield its scorn.
In the mystery of the Word made Flesh
the Maker of the stars was born.
We cannot wait till the world is sane
to raise our songs with joyful voice,
for to share our grief, to touch our pain,
He came with Love: Rejoice! Rejoice!
— Madeleine L’Engle
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
— Isaiah 9:6
Rev. David Bisgrove
Redeemer West Side Senior Pastor
• Make a gift to help reach 2017 financial goals: Please consider making an online year-end gift so we can begin 2018 on firm financial footing. We appreciate you and your generosity.
• Check out Hope for New York's Annual Report: Learn more about a growing movement of mercy & justice in NYC — and how you can join!
• Register for Job Search Skills Training in Jan: Actively seeking a job? The Diaconate's next 5-session Job Search Skills Training course will begin January 11. Dates, topics and registration can be found online.
• Serve breakfast at St. Paul's: Join HFNY to serve breakfast and build relationships with guests at St. Paul's House on Friday mornings from 7 to 9 a.m.
• Build relationships at Do for One: Attend a community gathering for adults with disabilities through HFNY on Friday, January 5, from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
• Register for The Work & Rest retreat, January 26-28th: Join CFW for a time of renewal and and refreshment in idyllic Princeton, NJ. Registration costs increase December 31 so register now to secure the best rate.