Sunday Service Teams
- Usher Team: Ushers are responsible for meeting and welcoming worshippers into the building, providing information, facilitating seating, distributing bulletins and collecting the offering. It is an ideal ministry for team players that are cool under pressure, capable of balancing assertiveness with graciousness, and are able to stand for the entirety of the service. Our goal is to support the worship services by creating a welcoming environment that is free of distractions in order for the Gospel being heard every Sunday.
- Communion Team: Communion servers have a privileged responsibility to prepare and distribute the elements of the Lord's Supper on the first Sunday of every month. This ministry requires all servers to be official members of Redeemer West Side.
5th Floor Coffee Hour
- Book Table: Book Table volunteers encourage the spiritual growth of the congregation by recommending literature we offer for sale after worship service. This ministry is ideal for avid readers that are enthusiastic about Christian literature and are comfortable interacting with others one-on-one. Additional responsibilities include setting up and/or closing the book table and using an iPad for cash and credit card sales.
- Info Table: Info Table members seek to facilitate the connection between visitors and Redeemer. Through handouts and the Redeemer website (via iPad) they provide information on events and opportunities to get congregants plugged into community. The Info Table works in tandem with the Connections Team.
- Connections Team: The Connections Team is a roaming group of people that engage our visitors during the Coffee Hour, offering both friendship and assistance as they begin attending Redeemer and seek to become involved. Through fellowship and conversation our goal is to help each visitor find a place of meaningful “connection” at Redeemer. The Connections Team works in tandem with the Info Table.
Requirements to serve
While you prayerfully consider connecting to Redeemer’s community of volunteers, please consider the following commitments:
- Commit to serve on your assigned team every month for one year, plus one 5th Sunday. (That's only 13 times!)
- If you are unable to serve on one of your scheduled Sundays, we ask that you find your own replacement with our easy-to-use Sub System.
- Read training handouts and attend a volunteer training session.
Note: As a Redeemer volunteer you are entrusted with the responsibility of making people feel welcomed and safe. If you have any questions about expectations, protocols and/or responsibilities ahead of time please let me know!
How we serve you
Along with becoming a volunteer, it is our hope that we can serve you by a few opportunities throughout the year, including:
- Free weekly MP3 sermon subscription
- Prayer with a WS pastor just prior to the start of your service (Ushers and Communion Teams)
- Invites to team socials and more!
Sign up to serve
Contact email@example.com or register to sign up for any of these West Side volunteer opportunities.
Serve with Children's Ministry
Thank you for your interest in helping to serve the families of Redeemer. We seek to provide the best care for our children through a solid team of volunteers.
From nursery to preschool to fifth grade, we need volunteers to help with our Children's Ministry. Opportunities to serve include greeting, teaching or assisting in Nursery, Preschool or Elementary classes, greeting and registering children, and room setup. If you have a heart for families and children, come serve with us!
Please click here to fill out the volunteer application form.
If you have questions regarding the volunteer process, please contact Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why volunteer with the Children's Ministry?
Invest in: Children are the next generation of influencers for Christ in New York and around the world.
Being called: God has given each of us talents to share with others. This is a great place to share your gifts.
Become equipped: Whether you come with training or receive training as you serve with us, your skills and experience will affect families of Redeemer each week.
You are needed: The number of children who attend Redeemer has doubled in the last few years. We need you!
Build community: Your investment in the lives of families and fellow volunteers at Redeemer allows for deeper community. Parents have expressed how the community of Children’s Ministry volunteers helps their families stay in the city.
Preschool large group assistant: Assist the large group leader with worship and storytelling. If you are gifted in creative ways of communicating and connecting with preschool-aged students this would be a great opportunity for you.
Preschool tech support: This is a behind-the-scenes role, providing computer graphics and video support for the large group program. If you are attentive, have some knowledge of computers and have good technical intuition, this would be a great opportunity for you.
Elementary large group and worship assistants: Assist the large group leader with worship and storytelling. If you are gifted in creative ways of communicating and connecting with elementary-aged students then this would be a great opportunity for you.
Small group leaders: Small group leaders help lead activities in the classroom with smaller groups of children. Leaders will be provided with a good understanding of the week’s lesson so they can facilitate activities to help children understand and apply the material.
Family greeters: Prior to one of the services, welcome families and assist them with check-in.
Expectations for our volunteers
- Completion of the application process as explained above.
- Once you join the Children’s Ministry, you are placed on a team. You serve with your team every other week in the same classroom. This is to build deeper community with your teammates and with the children.
- Nursery parents are asked to volunteer a minimum of three times a year. We count on you. Promptness and appropriate preparation are required.
- Adherence to Children’s Ministry policies.
What you can expect from us
- Free online access to weekly sermons.
- Fellowship and community with other volunteers and Redeemer families.
- Service and training opportunities.
- Prayer from Redeemer’s Prayer Team for your volunteer team.
We ask that all parents sign up to volunteer to serve three Sundays per year. Please sign-up to volunteer in the Nursery, Preschool, or Elementary classes.
Serve with the Youth Ministry
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering for the Youth Ministry at Redeemer West Side! We are in need of fun, mature, and passionate volunteer leaders who share in our vision: to see middle and high school students exploring Christianity deeply, taking ownership of their faith in Jesus, thriving in a loving community, and participating in God’s mission in and through the church for New York City and beyond.
Our Friday Night Youth Group meets from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at W83 Ministry Center on the third and fourth floors from September to June during the year. We also do many other fun events throughout the year like retreats, a pie bake, service projects, and so on.
To find out more information on how to get involved with our youth community please contact Youth Director Stephen Trafton at email@example.com.