Serve the Church
We are currently holding a limited regathering of in-person Sunday services. While those particular serving opportunities are limited there are other ways to serve! Financial and practical help can be given to those who have been affected by COVID-19.
- Support others financially | To support members and attendees of our church who are (or will soon be) in severe financial straits because of wage loss due to the cancellation of things in light of COVID-19, click here.
- Support others practically | To provide both spiritual and practical care (running errands, delivering meals and groceries, praying for others) by joining our Crisis Care Team, click here.
We also ask you to continue praying. Pray for all who are working in the healthcare systems taking care of those who have fallen ill. Pray for healing for those who have become sick. Pray for the family members who are unable to be with their loved ones. Pray for our leaders, that they would be wise in making decisions. And pray that the hope of Jesus and good news of the gospel would spread and comfort everyone in our city.
- Usher Team: Ushers are responsible for meeting and welcoming worshippers into the building, providing information, facilitating seating, distributing bulletins and collecting the offering. It is an ideal ministry for team players that are cool under pressure, capable of balancing assertiveness with graciousness, and are able to stand for the entirety of the service. Our goal is to support the worship services by creating a welcoming environment that is free of distractions in order for the Gospel being heard every Sunday.
- Communion Team: Communion servers have a privileged responsibility to prepare and distribute the elements of the Lord's Supper on the first Sunday of every month. This ministry requires all servers to be official members of Redeemer West Side. (This volunteer opportunity is on hold)
5th Floor Coffee Hour (these volunteer opportunities are on hold)
- Book Table: Book Table volunteers encourage the spiritual growth of the congregation by recommending literature we offer for sale after worship service. This ministry is ideal for avid readers that are enthusiastic about Christian literature and are comfortable interacting with others one-on-one. Additional responsibilities include setting up and/or closing the book table and using an iPad for cash and credit card sales.
- Info Table: Info Table members seek to facilitate the connection between visitors and Redeemer. Through handouts and the Redeemer website (via iPad) they provide information on events and opportunities to get congregants plugged into community. The Info Table works in tandem with the Connections Team.
- Connections Team: The Connections Team is a roaming group of people that engage our visitors during the Coffee Hour, offering both friendship and assistance as they begin attending Redeemer and seek to become involved. Through fellowship and conversation our goal is to help each visitor find a place of meaningful “connection” at Redeemer. The Connections Team works in tandem with the Info Table.
Note: As a Redeemer volunteer you are entrusted with the responsibility of making people feel welcomed and safe. If you have any questions about expectations, protocols and/or responsibilities ahead of time please let me know!
How we serve you
Along with becoming a volunteer, it is our hope that we can serve you by a few opportunities throughout the year, including:
- Free weekly MP3 sermon subscription
- Prayer with a WS pastor just prior to the start of your service (Ushers and Communion Teams)
- Invites to team socials and more!
Sign up to serve
Thank you for your interest in helping to serve the families of Redeemer. From nursery to preschool to fifth grade, we need volunteers to assist our teachers in the classrooms. If you have a heart for families and children, come serve with us!
Please click here to fill out the volunteer application form.
If you have questions regarding the volunteer process, contact us at [email protected].
Why volunteer with the Children's Ministry?
Invest in: Children are the next generation of influencers for Christ in New York and around the world.
Being called: God has given each of us talents to share with others. This is a great place to share your gifts.
Become equipped: Whether you come with training or receive training as you serve with us, your skills and experience will affect families of Redeemer each week.
You are needed: The number of children who attend Redeemer has doubled in the last few years. We need you!
Build community: Your investment in the lives of families and fellow volunteers at Redeemer allows for deeper community. Parents have expressed how the community of Children’s Ministry volunteers helps their families stay in the city.
What we expect from our volunteers
- Completing the volunteer application form.
- Attending a volunteer training.
- Adhering to our Children’s Ministry policies.
What you can expect from us
- Free online access to weekly sermons.
- Fellowship and community with other volunteers and Redeemer families.
- Service and training opportunities.
- Prayer from Redeemer’s Prayer Team for your volunteer team.
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering for the Youth Ministry at Redeemer West Side! We are in need of fun, mature, and passionate volunteer leaders who share in our vision: to see middle and high school students exploring Christianity deeply, taking ownership of their faith in Jesus, thriving in a loving community, and participating in God’s mission in and through the church for New York City and beyond.
Our Friday Night Youth Group meets from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at W83 Ministry Center on the third and fourth floors from September to June during the year. We also do many other fun events throughout the year like retreats, a pie bake, service projects, and so on.
To find out more information on how to get involved with our youth community, contact Shirley Hyun at [email protected].