Serve our neighbors this holiday season
Loving our neighbors comes in many forms, especially during a year where serving others has to look a little different to protect the ones we are serving as well as ourselves. Here are four ways you can tangibly love those in our neighborhood:
1. For Families: Boxes of Love with Cru Inner City
When: Saturday, November 21 | 1 to 2:30 p.m.
What: Each year, Cru Inner City packs thousands of "Boxes of Love"® to serve families in need throughout NYC. Volunteers will pack boxes that contains all the food items a family would need for a Thanksgiving meal.
More information about Boxes of Love®
2. Serve a Thanksgiving meal with All Angels' Church
This serving opportunity is full!
3. Hand Out Thanksgiving Day Meals
When: Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 26
What: Open Hearts and Goddard Riverside are partnering to handout 300 meals to our neighbors living on the street.
- 10 to 11:30 a.m. | Hand out coffee and donuts to residents of the Belleclaire (2175 Broadway)
- 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Help set up and distribute Thanksgiving meals at the Lucerne (201 W 79th St) or walk around the neighborhood to hand out fliers notifying our homeless neighbors about the opportunity to get a Thanksgiving meal.
Volunteers can help with either or both of these options which will be taking place outside. Families with kids are also welcome. There will be chalk available to decorate and write encouraging messages.
4. His Toy Store Reimagined: Christmas Gift Wrapping & Card Making Event
When: Saturday, December 12 | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
What: A House on Beekman is hosting a gift wrapping and Christmas card making opportunity for volunteers to help serve their community during the holidays! Volunteers will wrap children's gifts chosen by parents and caregivers, and create Christmas cards to go along with the gifts.
More information about Christmas Gift Wrapping & Card Making
5. His Toy Store Reimagined: Giving opportunities
When: During November and December
What: This year, Hope for New York is raising holiday funds to give grants directly to their affiliates, so they can provide families with everything that they might need.
Give to their holiday fund and provide for: food and groceries, health and hygiene items, gift cards … yes, even toys (and more)! So help the HFNY affiliates bring holiday joy to families with toys and basic needs. Make this season, one of Hope.
Make a donation to His Toy Store Reimagined