Navigating the College Admissions Process
On Wednesday, May 6, 2020 Paul Celuch, founder of College Assistance Plus, led a seminar on how to navigate the complicated process of selecting, applying to and thriving in college without becoming mired in debt.
Paul shared insight and strategies on how to:
- identify colleges that are suitable academically, socially and financially
- minimize college cost and debt regardless of income, even if already enrolled
- choose fitting and marketable majors and graduate with a job
- integrate NCAA sports, academics and career selection
- connect with college fellowships, ministries and churches
- survive freshman year (26% of freshman students fail academically)
Paul also offered tips on how to appeal current college acceptance packages in light of COVID-19, including asking for extensions on decision dates* and reductions in tuition.
*Important news for current High School seniors or college students.
Many colleges and universities have already extended their May 1 decision deadlines to June 1. If you’d like immediate assistance and information regarding making decisions for 2020 see here. You can also email the university asking for a 15-30 day extension. These requests are almost always accepted. This is also a window for current college students to appeal for larger scholarships.